Monday, August 27, 2012

Ice Cream Dessert!!!

Football season is upon us. 

 My oldest son, Coleman, who lives in Tampa, FL;  comes home every Labor Day weekend to watch the 1st Gator game with his Dad and brother, James.  Have you guessed by now we are Florida Gators?  I grew up in Gainesville, Fl.  In my family if you do not bleed Florida Orange and Blue you cannot marry into the family.  So my hubby learned to love Gator Football....  

With Coleman coming home for a long weekend he has put in his food order.  So I will start my week off with one of his favorites "Ice Cream Dessert".  I will surprise you all week with lots of football tailgating food.

Hubby came home from work today and found the Ice Cream Dessert and had to have a piece, but not to worry, this recipe makes a lot of it.  


Ice Cream Dessert

1/3 cup melted butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
1 cup nuts
4 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex or Crispix (what ever you like)

Crush chex, combine above ingredients.  Put 1/2 mixture in a 9 X 13 inch pan.  Smooth 1/2 gallon ice cream.  Then put remaining mixture on top and freeze.  Drizzle with Chocolate Syrup.

Linking to:
GO TO LINKS TAB

No comments:

Post a Comment