Sunday, August 19, 2012

Apple Muffins

Since my boys, Coleman, 32 and James, 30, were little, I have made these muffins for the 1st day of school. Well, my grandson, Parrish, 5, starts kindergarten tomorrow.  I felt I needed to start him off the same way.  So I got up early this morning and made them for him.  Parrish and Preston, my 2 grandchildren, are coming over today for a Going off to Kindergarten Party.  His goodies are ready for pick-up.  

Our children grow up so fast..... Make sure you take that special time you have been given to love and nourish  them.  Our precious children are gifts and we need to take special care of them.

Here is a picture of the  Apple Muffins, recipe will be put up this evening after the party.  Enjoy your day with your family and friends.
Apple Muffins

1 1/4 cup self rising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 eggs
2 cups peeled, chopped apples
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoon water

Prepare muffin pan.  I put liners in my pan but you can spray with Pam.

In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, nuts, oats and spices.

In separate bowl, mix beaten eggs, apples, oil and water.

Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture; stir just until flour is moistened.

Spoon batter into muffin cups.

Bake 20 minutes at 400.  

Makes 1 dozen.

Enjoy!  and remember to always wear  "Mimi's Magic Apron"

Here is a picture of my youngest son James, his wife Jenny, Parrish with the missing tooth 
and Preston in his Mom's arms..



We had an "Off to Kindergarten Party" for Parrish today.

No comments:

Post a Comment