Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Gator Dip

It's finally here! 

 SEC Football!!!!  

Go Gators!!!!

Football Saturday is very big in my house.  I was raised in Gainesville, Fl also known as Alligator Alley or Gator Nation.  The only way to get into my family is to bleed Orange and Blue!  My hubby bleeds Orange and Blue.  He was converted over 35 years ago.  

I have been making this dip for years.  Every Saturday when the Gators play and then there are some days my family just wants this dip for no reason.  When my oldest son comes home for a visit, his friends always have a get together and this is requested.  My dip is very well know around here.

If you decide to make this dip you will be hooked.

Gator Dip


1 lb. Angus ground beef
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese
1/2 jar of Salsa (more or you want)
Jalapenos 

Cook and crumble your ground beef and jalapenos, drain off fat.  Add the salsa and mix well.  Slice the Velveeta and put on top and lower the temp. as not to burn the cheese as it melts.  Stir often.  

We serve this with Tostito's, Frito's, or any chips.

This is also great with 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 sausage.  We sometimes put this on the top of a Baked Potato. 

No comments:

Post a Comment