Sunday, June 23, 2013

Peach Pie!

I love this time of year! 

 Fresh fruits and vegetable's.  Nothing better. 

 I picked up some peaches on Friday and hubby thought I was making him a peach pie when I really just wanted them to eat... Well I gave in and make him a Peach Pie this morning.  

Peach Pie




Flaky Pie Crust 
(I make my own pie shells, but you can purchase pre-made)

3/4 - 1 cup sugar, depending on how sweet your peaches are.
4 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
dash salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 -  8 cups peeled, sliced fresh peaches
2 tablespoons butter

Combine sugar, flour nutmeg and salt.  Add to peaches, mix lightly.  Fill shell and dot with butter.

Add top crust and make sure to put steam cuts on top.

Bake at 400 for 45 minutes.

I served mine warm with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream...

No comments:

Post a Comment