Last week The Great American Bake-off was on CBS.
I am loving that show.
There is this one lady, Francine, also a Florida Gator!!!!, and I just love her, she is a hoot!..
She made these cookies and I had to make them after seeing them. OK, if you need a pick me up; this is it.
You will not be dis-appointed.
SLAP YO MAMA CHOCOLATE FUDGE COOKIES
1 c pecans or walnuts
3/4 c self rising flour
1 tsp instant espresso powder
12 oz. semisweet chocolate
1/4 c unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
1 3/4 c white sugar
4 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 c dark chocolate chips
1 c white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in center of oven.
Place the pecans on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly brown and fragrant. Let nuts cool and then chop coarsely.
2. whisk together the flour, and espresso powder. Melt the chocolate and butter in a stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the sugar and eggs until pale yellow and thick, about 5 minutes.
Beat in the melted chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
Fold in the dry ingredients to the chocolate batter and mix only until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate the batter just until firm, about 30-60 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Bake for 14 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and place baking pan on a wire rack to cool. When cookies are firm, remove from baking pan and let completely cool on rack.