Monday, August 13, 2012

Herb Chicken!!!

This dinner is my all time favorite.  If I could I would eat this every day, and never get tired of it.

Then chicken is moist and so full of flavor..

The Cheese Potatoes are so creamy and Cheesy.  My mother has been making these potatoes since the 1950's.  I have been making them since I left home in the 70's.  These are the most asked for vegetable for every family occasion.  The recipe for these are under the recipe tab on my blog..

And last but not least, the green beans.  I love green beans cooked with ham and valdaila onions.  

My hubby walked in and knew what we were having for dinner 
and got so excited, he could not wait for the 
Chicken to come out of the oven.

Here is the most wonderful plate of food you will ever taste!



Now for the recipe for the:

Herb Chicken

1 Chicken (approx. 3.5 lbs.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp. Rosemary, Thyme leaves and Oregano
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425.

Rinse chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry.

In a small bowl mix olive oil, garlic, herbs and salt and pepper.

Detach the skin from the chicken by sliding a knife between the meat and skin trying not to puncture the skin.

Rub olive oil mixture between the skin and meat and
massage well to distribute.  If you look at the picture you can see the herbs under the skin.

Tie legs together, if you look at the picture you will see
orange thread where I tied the legs together.  The reason we tie
the legs is to keep the moisture inside the chicken.

Place chicken on a rack in a foil lined pan.  Bake in oven at 425 for 15 minutes.  Reduce temp to 350 and bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.  Test with meat thermometer, when it reads 160 remove.  

Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment