Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

It has been over a month since I posted....and I have no excuses.... busy holiday with family and friends.   

2013 is here and I am ready for a new adventure.

Tonight for dinner we had:

Pork Tenderloin
Black I's
Butter Beans (for me because I do not like black i's)
Mashed Potatoes
Cornbread

Carrot Cake! Yum

The Pork Tenderloin is marinated for about 4 - 6 hours and cooked in my Pampered Chef crock for about 1 - 1/2 hours.  Its was so moist and tender.

I always cook my Black i's with country ham and onions, 
my hubby loves them.....

I cook cornbread so much I really don't use a recipe, but I love, love, love my Martha White Cornmeal.  I do not use a mix.

Now the Carrot Cake, oh my!!!! 
It was my mother's recipe and she made this for me on my birthday every year.  I love that cake and it has vegetable's in it so it has to be healthy.....LOL

Pork Tenderloin

1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
2 tablespoons parsley flakes
2 tsp. dry mustard
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 2 - 3 lb. Pork Tenderloin

Combine all marinade ingred. Place pork and marinade in a Ziploc bag and marinate for 4 - 6 hours.

Bake in a 350 oven for 1 - 1/2 hours or until meat reaches 160 degrees.

Rest meat for 15 minutes.

Save pan drippings and combine with
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp. butter

Boil over medium heat and pour over shredded pork.

Carrot Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups wesson oil
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups grated carrots
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
4 eggs
1 cup nuts

Sift dry ingred. together.  Blend oil and sugar - add eggs - add carrots and nuts - add dry ingredients and mix well.

Bake at 325 for approx. 25 minutes.  3 - 8 inch greased and floured pans.

I double the icing

Icing
1 8 oz. cream cheese (room temp)
1 stick butter (room temp)
1 pound 10-X sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup nuts

Cream butter and cream cheese.  Add vanilla, Sift sugar into this and mix well.  Add nuts.






No comments:

Post a Comment