Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cowboy Casserole

I made this dish last Sunday for my wonderful hubby, who has been helping me so much with this extensive re-model.  Our home is such a mess and there is drywall dust everywhere, and I mean everywhere.  I have been cleaning out cabinets in the kitchen for the last 5 days.  Next I have 2 China Cabinets in the Dining room.

  So fast and easy, I made this in 5 minutes and it cooked for approximately 1 hour and then "DINNER" was ready.  

So good.  

I made the Chocolate Cobbler for dessert which was so good.

Cowboy Casserole


2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
8 - 10 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I leave on the skins)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
2 tablespoons garlic powder
3 tablespoons hot sauce (optional)

Topping:
2 cups sharp cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese
1 cup crumbled bacon
1 cup diced green onion

Preheat oven to 450.

In a large bowl mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce.  Add the cubed potatoes and stir to coat.  Carefully place potatoes into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan, leaving as much of the olive oil mix as possible.  Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.  While potatoes are cooking place the cubed chicken to the leftover olive oil mixture.  Once the potatoes are fully cooked, remove from the oven and lower the oven temp. to 400.  Place the coated chicken over the cooked potatoes.  Sprinkle the combined topping mixture over the chicken.  Return to the oven and cook for 15 - 25 minutes until done and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment